Monday, August 12, 2013

Sleeping Update

Just had to record the great news. One day before Corbin's 10 month birthday he learned to go to sleep. I took him in for a nap this morning, he fussed a little when the lights went out because he knew what was coming. But as soon as I laid him in his bed, he rolled right onto his side and began his little soothing sounds. We're two for two this afternoon on not fighting sleep, and hoping the trend keeps up for bedtime tonight.

We just got back from Salt Lake and I was so worried that the trip would mess up his sleep training. My two sweet girlfriends watched him while I performed and had to put him down, which means he had to do a little crying it out. I could tell that had worried him a little when I tried to put him down last night. He wouldn't let me leave the room, but would try to sleep as long as my hand was on his back. He was even swinging his arm back occasionally to make sure my arm was still there with my hand. I knew he needed to feel safe since he'd slept somewhere new as well as having someone new put him to bed for the last three nights, so I wasn't bothered by it.

Anyway, this morning and this afternoon he didn't need me to stay in the room, or keep my hand on his back. He's doing great and I'm so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment