Monday, January 14, 2013

Glad to be Enjoying My Here and Now

I held Corbin while he napped last night for a while, and then cuddled him this morning so he and I could both get a couple more hours of sleep. And then I checked in on my SIL and her husband. I asked if they felt like zombies yet. He said their little girl is sleeping all day and awake all night and he thinks he might have gotten 2-3 hours of sleep last night. The memories suddenly flooded my mind of how awful that adjustment is to make. I now feel very glad to be in my here and now with my 3 month old boy that has a little bit of a schedule and sleeps sometimes 4-5 hours at a time at night. Even though last night was an up every two hours kind of night, it has somehow become easier to handle now. I guess I remember now why I was so anxious to get back to "normal" or find some kind of new normal. I'll just keep enjoying my here and now and not look back :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment